Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blessings

Have you ever been walking, kind of just minding your business, and all of a sudden you realize people keep looking at you funny, kind of like you're an alien? I feel like that is me all the time lately! I'm just pregnant...not another species! I really noticed it yesterday at work when I was walking from the hospital coffee shop to the clinic one before my shift started. It's either a "holy cow she is huge" look or a "oh, the miracle of life I'm gonna grin like an idiot" look. Whatever, it'll be worth it once he's here :)

37 weeks                                                        38 weeks

I can't believe how much my stomach has changed in just one week. I was comparing last weeks photo and today's photo and my belly is lower and bigger. I can tell it's bigger...not very many positions are comfortable any more. I did sleep really well last night which is wonderful! It always takes me a little while to fall asleep from being uncomfortable and it takes me about 30 minutes to wind down from the day, but after that, I was out cold. I think I only got up to go to the bathroom 3 times. Which by the way, I can do in complete darkness now, because I'm so used to the route I take! LOL. Oh the things we consider accomplishments ;)

Last night Damon and I went to our friend Liz and Brent's place for a wine and cheese night. It's kind of funny, there are four couples including us, and 2 of us women are pregnant so we can't even have wine! But we always have so much fun, and there is non-alcoholic wine for us to enjoy along with the cheese. I never thought I would have so many blessings in my life - God surely has given me more than I ever imagined! Damon, Liam, my family, Damon's family, our friends, our pets, we have a warm home to ourselves, food on the table, reliable cars, jobs, my list goes on and on! I've never been happier, even though my emotional ups and downs during pregnancy may fool you! ;)

My sister and I went to the Farmers Market today. Boy, was it cold! 44 degrees. I felt bad for all of the vendors - they looked chilly. Taylor has started this new GAPS diet so she basically bought them out of house and home today. I got some carrots, peppers, potatoes and 3 pumpkins. I always love carving pumpkins every year and even though Liam is due soon, I'd still like to carve them this year. I love the pumpkin seeds and always give some to my dad too - he says I make the best ones :)



So last night our friends Phil and Liz actually saw the high speed chase that took place! Cops chased him to the Culvers over by Wagner's Lanes and there was a shoot out and the man fleeing was shot. Stuff like that doesn't happen much here, it's crazy! It's such a small town, I hope we don't know the guy.

Damon's Dad and brother are on their way into town, they're going to go to the gun show in Chippewa, and I need to run to the grocery to get some spaghetti sauce for dinner. We are having spaghetti and homemade garlic bread for dinner. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment