Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Exhausted

Well, today I am completely exhausted and not feeling well at all. I've had a cold since Sunday and it's just knocking me out. How can your head feel completely clogged and yet your nose run like a faucet?! I don't know, but that's what's happening.

I woke up today after sleeping pretty well but still feeling yucky. I had no energy but had stuff I needed done... We have been doing a really good job of keeping the house neat because if I go into labor I don't want come home with a baby to a messy house. I did the little amount of dishes in the sink, vacuumed downstairs, folded laundry, picked up our top tier of cake from Simply Cakes (a free gift for our one year anniversary-our is just a little late - my fault) ran to the grocery for milk, bread and juice, and went to my midwife appointment. I was so tired at the clinic that I was falling asleep in the waiting room, where I had to wait 15 minutes...longer than I've had to wait before but not a big deal.

I've been a little worried because Liam just isn't moving as much yesterday and today as he has in the past. After listening to his heartbeat and giving me the assignment of how many times he kicks in an hour (should be 10 at least...usually for Liam it's 10 in 7 mins) she said his heartbeat sounded good and if I'm still concerned we can do a non-stress test. I think it's just because I don't feel good that he's quieter, not to mention his movements have changed from real kicking to more rolling around. I am keeping a close watch on him, but so far he's kicked at least 10 times an hour.

After my appointment I went home and took a nap because I was falling asleep in the waiting room. When I woke up, Damon was making dinner for us!  I love that man :)

There's really no way to describe how strong my feelings for this baby are. I love him so much already it's unbelievable. The idea of labor doesn't even scare me (c-section does for some reason though!). I wake up every morning and think, "will this be the day I get to hold my baby?" I know it will change our lives forever, but I think it will be in a good way. Hard, but good way. My goal is to really keep my husband first after Liam arrives. I know that's going to be hard but I will truly try! My marriage is very important to me and I know how easy it is for a mother to totally bond to a child and have the father feel left out or abandoned. Please pray that I would be able to do this!

Tomorrow I am going to clean upstairs - bathroom, vacuum, wash sheets, put away playpen (we babysat for our 1 year old nephew and 5 year old niece this weekend) and tidy up the nursery. I'm hoping I feel better.

I hope you all have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment